Road trips have become the go-to vacation for families amid the pandemic and continue to be the preferred way to travel for many this summer season. In fact, a recent study commissioned by Wyndham for its American Road Trip Index found that while more than 80% of travelers plan to take a road trip this year, two-thirds (66%) feel overwhelmed trying to figure out where to stay. .
“With thousands of hotels on the highways and roads of our nation and 22 trusted brands, there’s no company better positioned to help travelers have the road trip of their dreams,” said Jessica Davidson, senior vice president, digital, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “With Road Trip Planner, travelers enter a few trip details and instantly get an itinerary with all their hotel stops, bookable in one transaction. This not only relieves the stress of trip planning, but ensures that the trip is as exciting as the destination.”
A seamless solution for road trippers
Created to help travelers at home and on the go, Road Trip Planner is the latest addition to the ever-evolving Wyndham Hotels & Resorts digital platform, demonstrating the company’s commitment to delivering value to its property owners. hotels and its customers. While guests enjoy a seamless planning and booking experience, owners benefit from direct bookings that are encouraged by the feature’s ability to book multiple stays at once. Key to the design is functionality that allows customers to plan, create and book trips that suit them – from the family looking to head west and visit our nation’s parks this summer, to truckers long-haulers that regularly travel across the coast.
Among the main features of Road Trip Planner:
- Personalized routes – Customize your itinerary from A to B and find out what you like in between. Tailor routes by filtering by driving time or distance, preferred brands, amenities, pet-friendly locations and more.
- Recommended routes – Leave the planning to us. Map a route with favorite stops or discover a recommended route based on your travel preferences.
- Details at your fingertips: Stay connected throughout your journey. View multiple reservations on one screen, find key amenities, and share on-site requests in advance.
- Pay your way – Pay the way that works best for you, including Wyndham Rewards points, cash, or a mix of both.
Davidson added, “Building on the success and strong adoption of our mobile app, Road Trip Planner is the perfect complement to Lightning Book®, which is our fastest way to book direct.SM and allows customers to book a hotel with just a few clicks. Now, whatever your travel preferences, whether booking last minute or planning well in advance, Wyndham has you covered. Summer, here we come!”
Understanding the Road Tripper Mindset
Earlier this month, Wyndham partnered with Wakefield Research to commission its first-ever American Road Trip Index, revealing key insights into travelers’ upcoming travel plans while tapping into pop culture preferences.
Some of the best ideas from travelers include:
- Pete is the popular choice: 56% would choose to take a road trip with pete davidson finished Kim Kardashian, with Gen Z (60%), Gen X (58%) and Baby Boomers (58%) leading the way. For Millennials (53%), Kim is still the queen.
- Adele rocks the radio: 34% put it at the top of their ideal road trip playlist, followed by Queen (28%), Bon Jovi (26%) and Bruce Springsteen (24%).
- Remove the TV: 59% would rather give up a month of TV before giving up a week’s vacation, with Millennials (67%) and Gen X (66%) the most eager to trade in their TV remotes.
- Apologies to the in-laws: When asked to choose their top 3 travel companions, 93% would prefer to travel with someone other than themselves, including a best friend (80%), sibling (61%) or even a congressman (9%).
- The food is in the spotlight: 1 in 2 (50%) have trying a new restaurant among their road trip plans, while more than a third (34%) are looking forward to exploring a small town.
- go the distance: Travelers on the road plan to average more than 700 miles on their next trip, with more than a quarter (27%) planning to travel 1,000 miles or more.
- Take the wheel : 53% prefer to be the driver rather than the passenger, with men (73%) overwhelmingly preferring to drive rather than women.
Wyndham’s Road Trip Planner is available today as part of the award-winning Wyndham Hotels & Resorts mobile app. Travelers can download the application via the Apple app and google play stores. Wyndham’s mobile app offers mobile check-in and check-out, innovative during-stay features, best-in-class design, personalized experiences, Wyndham Rewards® account management, gamification and more. Users can also take advantage of unique features such as Lightning Book®, which makes it easy to book the nearest Wyndham hotel for the night.
Between May 26 to May 30, 2022members can take advantage of Wyndham’s latest flash sale offer – 8,000 bonus points – redeemable for a $25 Visa prepaid card when booking two or more nights through the Wyndham mobile app. Simply tap the mobile app flash sale offer on the app home screen to access the offer. Wyndham Rewards membership, which is free, is required and non-members can quickly enroll as part of the reservation process. A minimum stay of two nights is required and stays must be completed by June 30, 2022. For full terms and conditions visit www.wyndhamhotels.com/app.
The Wyndham Hotels & Resorts survey was conducted by Wakefield Research among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18 and older, between May 11 to May 15, 2022, using an email invitation and an online survey. The survey was weighted to ensure an accurate representation of American adults ages 18 and older. The study’s margin of error is 3.1%.
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world’s largest hotel franchise company by number of properties, with more than 8,900 hotels in more than 95 countries on six continents. With its network of more than 813,000 rooms that appeal to the everyday traveler, Wyndham provides a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. The company’s award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty program offers approximately 94 million registered members the ability to redeem points at thousands of hotels, resorts and vacation rentals worldwide. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
+1 (973) 753-6590
SOURCE Wyndham Hotels & Resorts