A match for the AAA Mixed Tag Team Championship has been announced, along with three more matches and three segments on AEW Rampage!
On the August 10 episode of AEW Dynamite, it was confirmed that current AAA Mixed Tag Team Champions Sammy Guevara and Tay Melo (formerly Tay Conti) will make their first title defense in the upcoming edition of AEW Rampage.
Members of the Jericho Appreciation Society will face the team of Dante Martin and Skye Blue. The former faced Guevara in a losing effort at Fight for the Fallen which was followed by a post match loss.
Guevara and Melo became AAA Mixed Tag Team Champions at TripleMania XXX: Monterrey defeating Komander and Sexy Star, Latigo and Maravilla and former champions Los Vipers (Arez and Chik Tormenta) in a Fatal 4-Way match.
Guevara and Melo announced their engagement in June, before officially wed on August 7.
The in-ring debuts of Erick Redbeard and Parker Boudreaux were also announced for the show. Redbeard was last seen teaming with PAC and Penta Oscuro against the House of Black on the AEW Revolution pre-show. Boudreaux was released from WWE (where he starred as Harland) in April, making his AEW debut on the August 2 edition of Dark.
The current roster of AEW Rampage is as follows:
- orange cassidy versus. Ari Daivari
- We’ll hear the champion FTW TO HANG UP
- Parker Boudreaux versus. Sonny Kiss
- We’ll hear from the AEW World Tag Team Champions Swerve in Our Glory (Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland)
- Beardhausen (Danhausen & Erick Barbe Rouge) versus. Gunn Club (Austin & Colten Gunn)
- Bryan Danielson Go back and talk live
- Sammy Guevara and Tay Melo (c) against Dante Martin & Skye Blue – AAA Mixed Team World Championship