WMOT-FM, the public radio station of Middle Tennessee State University, recently launched a new way to experience independent station American Roots programming with its new radio app, now available on the iOS App Store and through Google Play. .
The radio app will allow listeners to tune in to a live stream of WMOT’s programming from anywhere in the world. App users will also be able to access WMOT’s on-demand content, including recent interviews and performances, such as “Wired In”, “Words and Music” and “Finally Friday”.
“We are thrilled to offer our listeners a new way to experience WMOT’s programming,” said General Manager Val Hoeppner. “Our new app will make it easier than ever for people to connect with the American roots music they love, whether they’re at home or on the go.”
The WMOT app allows listeners to pause and rewind live audio, view the program, and even wake up with WMOT with the alarm function.
Other app features include:
- WMOT live stream wherever they have an internet connection.
- DVR-like controls (pause, rewind and fast forward). Listeners can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up where they left off. Or rewind to catch anything they might have missed.
- An integrated program schedule for the station.
- A background feature that allows users to browse the web or use other apps while streaming the station.
- On-demand availability of its signature radio shows, including “The String,” “The Local Brew,” “The List,” “SongTellers,” “Strange Roots Radio,” “The Old Fashioned,” and “Somebody Say Amen.”
- Access to the music editorial section of their website.
- In-player social sharing tools that make it easy to let your network know you’re listening to WMOT.
The WMOT Listener Powered Radio App is brought to you by Middle Tennessee State University and Public Media Apps. For more information, please visit WMOT.org.
WMOT Roots Radio 89.5 is a nonprofit arts organization dedicated to building community around Nashville’s musical heritage, enriching the lives of our listeners by championing musical discovery, hosting live musical experiences, and educating the next generation of leaders in the media and entertainment industries.